You’ve been seeing your ex around town, and you’re feeling a bit awkward. What do you do? In this article, we’ll teach you how to respond to your ex when they ask how you are. We’ll discuss the dos and don’ts of answering questions about your current relationship, as well as give some tips on how to handle any follow-up questions. So, whether you’re waiting for your ex to contact you again or just want to be ready for whatever comes their way, read on for helpful advice!
How do you react when your ex asks how you are?
When you get an ex asking how you are, the first thing that comes to mind is probably: “What do you want from me?” This can be difficult to answer honestly, especially if it has been a while since you last spoke. It’s important to remember that your ex is just trying to be friendly and keep in touch. Here are some responses you may want to give when your ex asks how you are:
-I’m doing well, thanks for asking. How about you?
-I’m doing well, thanks for asking. How’s your life?
-I’m doing well, thanks for asking. How’s work/school/kids?
What to say when they ask
When an ex-boyfriend or girlfriend asks how you are, the answer can be tricky. You want to be honest, but also respectful of their time. Here are some tips on what to say:
– Thank them for asking, and offer to talk if they’d like. It’s nice to know that they’re thinking of us.
– Let them know that you’ve been trying your best and that you hope things are going well for them. Hang up before you start whining about how hard it is being single.
– If the ex is really bothering you, tell them that you don’t want to talk and that you’ll block their number if they keep calling.
How to respond if they don’t ask
If an ex asks how you are, the polite thing to do is reply with a short thanks for asking and say you’re doing well. If they ask about what you’re up to, you can tell them about your day or what you’ve been working on lately. If they ask about how things ended, just be honest and say that things didn’t work out.
When you’re feeling upset and confused after your breakup, it’s natural to want to reach out to your ex. However, responding positively or negatively to their inquiries can be difficult, especially if you’re still processing what happened. Here are a few tips on how to respond thoughtfully and constructively when your ex asks how you are:
1) Remember that they are also going through a tough time. Don’t take the bait when they try to start things up again by giving them an answer that isn’t true for either of you right now. Stick to factual information about how things are going for you.
2) If your ex is being supportive and kind, let them know. But don’t feel the need to tell them everything — keep some aspects of your life private until you’re ready to share them with them.
3) Be honest but respectful in your interactions with your ex. Let them know that whatever transpired between the two of you is behind you now, but that doesn’t mean you can’t still be friendly or helpful from time to time.